One of my friends asked me yesterday if I had a baked french toast recipe. I remembered that I did have one and I don't think I've posted it before. I've only made it a few times but since I shared it with her I thought I'd share it this week with you all too! It's pretty easy and a good breakfast to have with company if they are visiting. Or if you are craving a sweet breakfast treat some Saturday or Sunday morning it's a great one to try.
Oven French Toast
1 sick butter
1 cup brown sugar
1 tsp. cinnamon
12 slices french bread
1 1/2 cups milk
6 eggs
Melt butter in a 9x13 baking dish in a 350 degree oven. Mix together the brown sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle over melted butter. Layer bread over this layer. Mix milk and eggs together and pour evenly over the bread. Bake at 350 for 45 minutes or until golden brown. (This recipe also halves nicely in an 8x8 dish)
No comments:
Post a Comment