We not only spent time at the beach while we were in Michigan we also were able to go swimming. For those of you that don't know already this is one of Maya's absolute favorite things! One of Aunt Leah's co-workers has a pool and she graciously said we could use it on Saturday afternoon because they were going to be gone. I hadn't been to a private pool in so long and it was so nice! I know pools are a lot of work but after Saturday we were all saying it would be so nice to have our own private pool. The adults were joking about what we'd all prefer to have either a boat, lake home, or a pool in our backyard. We pretty much all agreed a pool would be the way to go! Realistically I don't see this in the future of our household but perhaps Aunt Leah and Uncle KK will make this dream a reality in the coming years. Stay tuned!
Maya loves being in the water! She is a little fish.
She had plenty of time splashing and playing around with Juliana, Emma, and their friend Ellery.
Taking a little break
Through out the week the guys did lots of grilling for us and we had tons of good food. And Saturday night we ended the fun week with a campfire. Here the boys are getting it ready. Maya kept referring to it as a "camping" fire. This was her first experience and she was quite intrigued.
Everyone was so pensive...I guess it was the trance of the fire.
And we didn't forget s'mores...Maya enjoyed her first one!
I can't believe the 4th of July has already come and gone. The summer is going by so fast. This was our last trip before the new little peanut arrives. (Which I hope is sooner rather than later) Needless to say we probably won't be going anywhere until at least Thanksgiving.
No comments:
Post a Comment