For some reason I haven't done as much Christmas baking this year. I am planning to make spritz cookies this weekend because we can't celebrate Christmas without spritz cookies. And I'll probably make some snickerdoodles because those are Joel's favorite and really the only time I make them is at Christmas. (I think I posted both of those recipes last year at this time.) And we can't celebrate Christmas without chex mix around here either. I am also planning to make this Christmas candy which is super easy and so yummy! It's a great treat to make and give out as little teacher gifts, party favors, or a hostess gift. Well after listing all this out maybe I'm planning to make more than I thought I was.
Easy Christmas Candy
1 sleeve saltine crackers
1 stick of butter
1 cup brown sugar
2 cups chocolate chips
On a baking sheet, spread out the saltine crackers. Melt butter and brown sugar in a sauce pan over medium heat until gooey. Pour over crackers and bake at 350 for about 5 minutes or until bubbly. Remove from oven and sprinkle chocolate chips on top. Let sit for a few minutes until chocolate chips begin to melt. Then spread over crackers evenly with a spatula. If you wanted to be fancy you could chop/crush up some pecans and put those on top of the chocolate.
Stick in the freezer for an hour or until the chocolate hardens. Break into small pieces and put into gift containers or your storage container. Store in the freezer or fridge until you are ready to eat or give away.
No comments:
Post a Comment