Maya had her first dance recital on Saturday. She's been in a little dance class since September and it was all leading up to this big day. We had a dress rehearsal last Tuesday and wow it was a bit crazy. Her 3 year old class was almost the last class to dance. I think they ended up being number 14 of 18. Waiting until the end of the recital for 3 year olds was a bit challenging. I wasn't sure we were going to make it. In fact at the rehearsal she kept saying she just wanted to go home. I had to bribe her with ice cream to get her to stay and practice the dance with her class. And I kept thinking how is this going to work on Saturday? The kids were suppose to arrive a half hour before the recital started and then wait back stage in the choir room until it was time for their dance. That is so long for 3 year olds to wait! So we arrived right when the recital started, Maya sat with us for the first few dances and then I took her back stage. (Yes, I'm one of those moms that didn't follow the rules and I'm quite certain the teachers didn't even know.) She still had to wait a bit but she seemed to do ok and at least wasn't asking to go home. Finally it was her time to dance. She did a great job, actually knew the dance, and had a fun time! And it was great to have Grandpa and Grandma and Juliana and Emma here to see her to.
Waiting back stage
Her teacher getting them ready and lined up
Finally they got to dance on the big stage!
After the recital with her good friend Olivia
No comments:
Post a Comment