Friday, August 22, 2014

Recipe InSeitz - Soft Batch Chocolate Chip Cookies

I made these cookies a few weeks back. Rather than use my standard choc chip cookie recipe I wanted to try a new recipe. This recipe has cornstarch and cream cheese in it; both of which are not in other chocolate chip cookie recipes that I have. So I thought I'd give these a try and they were yummy.  I didn't have any regular chocolate chips in the house but I had mini ones so I just used those instead and they worked just fine. The only thing I'm not a big fan of is that you have to chill the dough for at least 2 hours and then bring it to room temperature before you bake the cookies. When I make cookies I want to make them right away. I don't want to have to wait 2 hours or even two days to make them. But I guess if you want "soft batch" cookies this is what ya gotta do. Enjoy!

Soft Batch Chocolate Chip Cookies
2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
2 teaspoons cornstarch
1 teaspoon fine sea salt
1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter, at room temperature
1/4 cup cream cheese, at room temperature
1 1/4 cups packed brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
2 large eggs, at room temperature
2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350ºF. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
In a medium bowl combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder, cornstarch, and salt.
In the bowl of an electric mixer beat the butter, cream cheese, granulated sugar, and brown sugar until light and creamy, about 2 minutes. Add in the vanilla and the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Gradually beat in the flour mixture. Stir in the chocolate chips. Wrap dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours but no more than 72 hours. Bring to room temperature just long enough for the dough to become soft enough to scoop. Drop 2-tablespoon sized balls onto prepared baking sheets.
Bake for 10 minutes, or until light golden brown. Cool for 2 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely.

No comments:

Post a Comment