Maya had her first experience at the dentist this week. I know we are about 2 years behind but we needed to find a new dentist closer to our house and honestly I didn't think she was ready to go. Plus I was so nervous she would have 20 cavities...one in every single tooth. Anyway we went to a special children's dentist and of course she did great and she loved it! She got to wear fancy sunglasses that shielded her eyes from the bright light the hygienist was using to see in her mouth. She picked out cherry flavored toothpaste and bubble gum flavored fluoride. On the way home she said she wished she would have picked bubble gum flavoring for both. She didn't like the cherry very much.
She had x-rays taken of her teeth and here she is waiting for the pictures to come up on the computer screen. She loved sitting in the dentist chair.
Cora on the other hand...not so much. She still only has two teeth and is not ready for the dentist yet. We probably won't wait quite so long to take Cora but it will be awhile before she is invited back. She was a rascal at the dentist office!
And shocker of all shockers...Maya has no cavities! This lady has had gallons of candy and sweet treats. I looked at the hygienist and said are you serious? I could not believe it. I thought she'd have at least 8 cavities and Joel was planning for 4. But nope zero. I guess we'll keep up with the brushing and flossing and keep crossing our fingers. Still shocked; completely shocked.
No comments:
Post a Comment