I had a MOPS craft night last night at a place called Bloom with some ladies. I am so not a craft person but I put my game face on and the end product was a screen printed trick or treat bag that says "boo!" on it. I don't even know what screen printed means, I was just doing what the craft lady told me to do. We used old t-shirts, some special scissors with a fancy edge, and did a little bit of sewing. Phew! We'll see if Maya wants to use it for trick or treating or not. She'll probably want to stick with the generic plastic orange pumpkin. Perhaps Cora will be excited to use the fancy screen printed "boo!" bag?
Anyway we each brought a snack to share last night and I brought cookies. I think I got this recipe way back in high school from a
friend. It was at the bottom of my recipe box and I haven't made these cookies in years. It was fun to try out an oldie but a goodie!
Neiman-Marcus Cookies
1 cup butter
1 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
2 cups flour
2 cups oatmeal
2 tsp. baking powder
2 tsp. baking soda
2 cups chocolate chips
Cream together butter and sugars. Then mix in the eggs and vanilla. Add flour, oatmeal, baking powder, baking soda and mix well. Then stir in the chocolate chips. Roll into balls or use your cookie scoop and don't press the dough down. Bake for 8-10 minutes at 350. If you want crunchy cookies bake a bit longer.
No comments:
Post a Comment