Thursday, May 25, 2017

Florida 2017

Our trip to Florida was a little bit different this year. We weren't even sure if we'd be able to go. And actually Joel wasn't able to go because of the timing of everything that had happened with Gigi. We had planned the trip back in February and Grandpa and Grandma Sikkema had planned to meet us there. The timing worked out for them to be in Ohio with us for the funeral on their way down to Florida. We're so thankful for their support and help they were with the girls during those few days. Anyway as they kept driving south we drove back up to Milwaukee for a quick 24 hour turn around and headed to Florida via the airport. I was super nervous to fly with the two girls by myself but they did great!

The girls reading up on the safety procedures bright and early at 7am. Those early flights are brutal but so worth it when you arrive at the beach by mid-afternoon.

You can't beat the view from our condo

Because the girls are early risers we were out on the beach most mornings 
before anyone else looking for shells.
This year more than ever both girls had so much fun playing in the sand and ocean.

 We even got Grandpa digging in the sand and making sandcastles with us.
Pool time is always a favorite. 



We had fun getting donuts one morning at the Lighthouse.
And pizza one night for dinner. The girls were fascinated by the pizza guy. 
I think it's hilarious that Cora is holding his hand. I'm sure the workers thought they were nuts.

The best part of the day was walking the beach at sunset.



This never gets old. So beautiful!

 Taking a pic of grandpa who is taking a pic


I definitely wouldn't recommend going on vacation without your husband and we were really bummed it didn't work out for Joel to come with us. However, I'm glad we could still go and enjoy the beautiful beach and time with my parents. Hopefully we didn't wear them out too bad...we're keeping them young, right? Even though things didn't go as we had planned this year I'm grateful we could spend another vacation at Indian Shores, FL.


No comments:

Post a Comment