Tuesday, September 12, 2017

First Days Of School And Moving

We had a very eventful first few days of school - we moved! It's been two weeks ago already! Maya left from our West Allis house in the morning and when I picked her up after school we drove to the new house in Brookfield. Kind of fun, kind of stressful, kind of crazy, but we survived and are starting to get into somewhat of a routine here. It still kind of feels like we are staying in a VRBO.

Tuesday, August 29 - Maya's first day of school pic 
by our fence in West Allis

 Maya by her hook outside her 2nd grade classroom
 We left for school and the moving truck pulled up

I think this is the only pic of the house that I took the day of the move, but I did go through and take a video. Someday we will be able to look back and show the girls the first house we lived in as a family. It's been bittersweet to leave the house that we have so many memories in. We will miss all the character of our old house, being closer to the city, and sidewalks. But we are ready for a new chapter and to start making memories in our new house.

The move took pretty much all day - we grossly underestimated how long the loading and unloading would take. We were shocked that it took 8 hours to move.

Here we are in the front of the new house. We are so thankful and feel so blessed to have found the this house for our family. It was quite a journey to find but we are beyond grateful and are looking forward to many years here. I've said we aren't moving again until we go to the nursing home. It's so great to be so much closer to church, friends, and school and it's a little closer to Joel's work too. We kind of joke that we've moved to the country. It's so quite here, there is no light pollution from the city, and there is tons of wildlife...I think we've had deer and turkeys in our yard already. We are adjusting and trying to get settled. Although with the millions of boxes in the basement it may take years to feel completely settled.




Cora then started 3K preschool the next day on Wednesday, August 30th. Their school has the older kids start a day before the preschoolers start. I don't think any of us got much sleep the night before but she was up and ready to go to school! She's been going to BCS since she was 4 weeks old and Maya was going to 3K, so she's quite familiar with the school and was very excited that it was finally her turn to go.

Cora's first day of school pic - I lost her "First day of 3K sign" some where in the move. I had printed it out and have no idea where it ended up. 
 Cora by her 3K hook. She looks a little scared but don't be fooled she was excited! She walked right in and didn't look back. So different from last January when she was doing her little preschool class.
There's a lot "new" around here and we are looking forward to a great year ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment