Here are a few of the pictures we took to put on our Christmas card. One of these years we'll have professional pics taken. I think I say that every year. Anyway the girls are looking so old and grown up!
Christmas Eve we attended our candlelight service at Church. A funny story from Maya - we were at church and she was telling some friends that on Christmas Eve the girls always get to open one gift and it's a Christmas ornament. I grew up getting a dated Christmas ornament every year and still get them from my parents on my birthday. I wanted to start the tradition too so that when the girls go off on their own they can take their ornaments and decorate their tree some day. Well anyway...mom fail...I totally forgot to get the girls ornaments this year. I had looked at them earlier in December but didn't see any that I had liked and then just totally forgot. Opps. So we'll have to either get two for next year or maybe the girls will get them on their b-days too this summer. The girls wanted to open just one gift on Christmas Eve so we said they could open their gifts they got for each other. That worked out pretty well.
The girls didn't wake up to crazy early on Christmas morning.
I think we were all downstairs by 7:30!
I think we were all downstairs by 7:30!
Here are just a few quick snapshots of opening gifts.
I don't even remember what this was but I love the look on Maya's face.
And Cora's face here...she is working so hard to get the box open. What's inside you ask?
A karaoke machine which the girls are having a blast with. (Thanks Texas crew for introducing this to the girls over Thanksgiving. We are forever grateful. :) )We headed to Palos Heights to be with the Sikkema crew from Tuesday afternoon to Friday. Again we had so much fun together we forgot to take pictures. This is the only one I had on my phone from Christmas day.
Wednesday night the adults went to see Fiddler on the Roof downtown Chicago. We've been talking about going to see a musical together for the past several years and we finally made it happen! It was a great show and we all enjoyed it.
Thursday afternoon we all went to the movies. Most of us went to see the new Mary Poppins movie. I I think everyone liked it but Cora's quote was that "she thought it was weird." We had a good chuckle at that. Then that night we all went out to dinner to celebrate the actual 50th wedding anniversary of mom and dad which was December 28. We've been celebrating for the past 6 months (surprise party in June, Colorado vacation in July) and were so glad we could all be together again and celebrate this wonderful milestone with our parents. Someone shared that week that only 6% of marriages make it to this special milestone. We are so grateful for our parents and the love and commitment they have for one another. Wonder where we'll celebrate for the 60th?






No comments:
Post a Comment