So fall is officially here. I kind of have a love hate relationship with fall. I don't like it because I know what's coming...winter. I don't like saying good bye to long sunny summer days, wearing flip flops every day, and being able to grill outside. However, I do enjoy the changing colors of the leaves, putting on a sweatshirt, watching college football, and pulling out the crock pot for meals again. Let me just say I love using the crock pot in the fall and winter! It's just so easy! I'll try and post a few favorites through out the fall and winter. And if you have any crock pot favorites please send them my way.
Lime Chicken Tacos
4 chicken breasts
3 tablespoons of lime juice
1 tablespoon of chili powder
1 cup of frozen corn
1 cup chunky salsa
tortillas
*sour cream, cheddar cheese & lettuce optional
Put chicken in the crock pot. Combine the lime juice and chili powder and pour it over the chicken. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours. Remove chicken and shred it and return it to the crock pot. Stir in the corn and salsa. Cover and cook on low for another 30 minutes. Remove and serve in tortillas and add what ever toppings you like.
No comments:
Post a Comment