We've come along way in a week! Maya is doing pretty well with potty training and this week has gone by a whole lot faster than last week that is for sure. We're back into our normal routines with classes, MOPS, coffee break/little lambs, play dates and it's great! So thankful for all the activities we are able to do each day! And I'm even more thankful for all the wonderful friends I've made over the last few years. I'd be lost with out them to say the least! God is so amazing in how he brings people into your life at just the right moment and season in life. I can look back over the years and ever since about 5th grade when we moved to Iowa, I can see how God has provided for me such amazing friends and people in my life. So thankful!
So this week I made some cookies for our MOPS child care volunteers and I decided to make a recipe I got from Susanne (sis-in-law) over Thanksgiving. They are are a twist on normal chocolate chip cookies because they have almond flavoring in them. You roll them into little balls (about 1 Tablespoon of dough) and they bake up tiny bite size cookies. Which is fun because then you can eat 3 or 4 of them which equals the size of about one normal cookie!
Chocolate Chip Sand Tarts
1 cup butter
1/8 tsp. salt
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 tsp. almond extract
1 1/4 cup sugar
1 egg
2 cups flour
1 pkg - 6oz. mini chocolate chips
Put everything into your mixer and mix it together. I usually mix everything and then add in the chocolate chips. Then you roll the dough into balls - about 1 Tbsp each. Bake at 350 for about 8-10 minutes until edges are a little brown. And it should make about 60 cookies. I made mine a little bit bigger the first time so didn't come anywhere near 60 but if you make them smaller you'll get a lot of cookies out of this recipe.
No comments:
Post a Comment