Friday, January 25, 2013

Recipe InSeitz - Oreo Ice Cream Dessert

Yes it's been the coldest week of the year so far and you are thinking...what? She's sharing an ice cream dessert recipe? I know it's crazy! But we are going to some friends for dinner tomorrow night and are bringing the dessert. It came down to either this dessert or a chocolate chip cake and Joel picked this one. So I thought I'd share the recipe since I'm making it today. Let me just say this is one of my absolute favorites! My mom would make this for special occasions/holidays and sometimes I'd even request this instead of a birthday cake. Yes it's that good! You may want to wait and try it when it gets a bit warmer but I'm telling you this is amazing to eat any time of the year. And it's pretty easy to make too. Happy Friday everyone!

Oreo Ice Cream Dessert

1 lb. Oreo cookies, crushed
1 stick butter, melted
5 butterfinger candy bars, crushed (you can use fun size - about 1/2 - 3/4 of the bag)
1/2 gallon vanilla ice cream (somewhat softened)

Combine crushed Oreos, crushed candy bars, and melted butter. Mix well. Press half of the mixture into a 9X13 pan to create a crust. Spread the ice cream over the crust. Press remaining crust mixture on top of the ice cream. Freeze for at least 4 hours before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment