We had a BBQ with friends on Monday and I signed up to bring a dessert. I went online and googled "potluck desserts" and this bar recipe was one that came up. So I decided to give it a try. They were all gone by the end of the afternoon so my guess is the were at least somewhat edible? You can't really go wrong with a cake mix, chocolate chips, and sweetened condensed milk can you?
Potluck Bars
1 white cake mix
2 eggs
1/3 cup of oil
1 can (14oz) sweetened condensed milk
1 cup chocolate chips
1/4 cup butter, cubed
In a bowl, mix the cake mix, eggs, and oil. Press two-thirds into a greased 9x13 pan. Set remaining cake mix aside. In microwave combine milk, chocolate chips, and butter. Microwave until melted, stir until smooth. Pour over curst. Drop teaspoons of the remaining cake mix over the top of the chocolate. (I didn't swirl mine and it looked a little funny with globs of cake mix on top. I might try and swirl the cake mix with a knife a bit next time.) Bake 20-25 minutes at 350 until golden brown on top.
No comments:
Post a Comment