Sunday, February 5, 2017

Dental Assistant

Last week Maya had a dentist appointment to have a cavity filled. I have done my best to try and leave Cora at home when we've gone to the dentist just because she can be hard to wrangle. However, this time the only option was for her to come with us. I was dreading the appointment and had stuffed my purse with snacks, books, and the ipad to try and occupy her time during the appointment.
But when the hygienist greeted us she asked if we all wanted to come back. Right away she told Cora that she needed a special dental assistant to help her. Cora of course was very excited and said she'd be glad to help. The hygienist gave her a mask, gloves, protective eye-wear, and some special tools to help.

She was right in there the whole time and helped to hold some of the hygienist's instruments. I was shocked but I tell you what it sure made the appointment go superb! I love our dental office and am thankful it is so kid friendly. And now guess what Cora wants to be when she grows up? Yep, a Dentist! We've been playing "dental check-up" all weekend long.


No comments:

Post a Comment